1) Knife- edge cats’ eyes. A little bit futuristic. A little bit deadly. And a whole lot of sexy. This look takes the standard liner flick and maximises it by a thousand. Take a well loaded liquid eyeliner brush and make sure the line is thick, strong and smooth…this is a look not interrupted by softening eye shadow or khol.
2) The ponytail. As seen at Proenza Schouler and Dries Van Noten, this is no ordinary gym or face washing ponytail. One of the key looks of the season, it should either be slicked back and held high on the top of the head, or coquettishly teased and back brushed, sitting on the back of the neck.
(Dries Van Noten)
3) Scarlet lips. Whilst being timeless beauty essential, this season the perfect red pout must be revved up with a bright, but slightly gothic shade of scarlet, to lend nicely to the fetish trend. Topped off with a slick of Lipcote to keep it perfect, of course. I suggest ‘Scream’ by Rimmel.
4) 60’s eyes. Inspired, naturally, by the 60’s trend that is everywhere this winter. Pair your teddy boy coat, patent brogues and mini-skirt with khol- etched, smouldering eyes. The key to this trend is to define the crease of the eye socket with either khol, powder or liquid eyeliner, depending on how sharp you want the eye to look. You’ll be looking like Jean Shrimpton in no time.
5) Jewel nails. Another trend inspired by the catwalks, this involves nothing but a sweep of the deepest, richest, shiniest nail varnish you can find. By far the simplest beauty feature to master, this will have you looking like you stepped off the Lanvin runway in no time. I suggest ‘Aruba Blue’ and ‘Scarlett O’Hara’ by Essie for your jewel fix.
('Scarlett O'Hara', Essie)