Saturday, 31 December 2011
Monday, 31 October 2011
1) Knife- edge cats’ eyes. A little bit futuristic. A little bit deadly. And a whole lot of sexy. This look takes the standard liner flick and maximises it by a thousand. Take a well loaded liquid eyeliner brush and make sure the line is thick, strong and smooth…this is a look not interrupted by softening eye shadow or khol.
2) The ponytail. As seen at Proenza Schouler and Dries Van Noten, this is no ordinary gym or face washing ponytail. One of the key looks of the season, it should either be slicked back and held high on the top of the head, or coquettishly teased and back brushed, sitting on the back of the neck.
(Dries Van Noten)
3) Scarlet lips. Whilst being timeless beauty essential, this season the perfect red pout must be revved up with a bright, but slightly gothic shade of scarlet, to lend nicely to the fetish trend. Topped off with a slick of Lipcote to keep it perfect, of course. I suggest ‘Scream’ by Rimmel.
4) 60’s eyes. Inspired, naturally, by the 60’s trend that is everywhere this winter. Pair your teddy boy coat, patent brogues and mini-skirt with khol- etched, smouldering eyes. The key to this trend is to define the crease of the eye socket with either khol, powder or liquid eyeliner, depending on how sharp you want the eye to look. You’ll be looking like Jean Shrimpton in no time.
5) Jewel nails. Another trend inspired by the catwalks, this involves nothing but a sweep of the deepest, richest, shiniest nail varnish you can find. By far the simplest beauty feature to master, this will have you looking like you stepped off the Lanvin runway in no time. I suggest ‘Aruba Blue’ and ‘Scarlett O’Hara’ by Essie for your jewel fix.
('Scarlett O'Hara', Essie)
Tuesday, 20 September 2011
Monday, 5 September 2011
Wednesday, 24 August 2011
Monday, 15 August 2011
Sunday, 14 August 2011
Wednesday, 20 July 2011
Thursday, 14 July 2011
Sunday, 10 July 2011
Tuesday, 5 July 2011
Monday, 30 May 2011
Thursday, 26 May 2011
Friday, 25 February 2011
- Sat two exams, one good, one absolutely disastrous
- Turned 18, and everything that goes with that little milestone!
- Started to design/ plan my own handmade leather bag, a birthday present from my parents
- Had an incredible weekend in London with my boyfriend, and went to a mini- festival at the Forum
- Become incredibly obsessed with Sex and the City, another present!
- Decided which university I will (hopefully!) be attending next year
- And also, I've started taking Ballet classes again, after almost two years of nothing; before that I was dancing for hours each week from the age of 5!
Thursday, 13 January 2011
Saturday, 1 January 2011
Or so the tired cliché goes. But we all know that, in reality, the January detox will succumb to that last tray of mince pies; the exercise resolution will be called off (although you promise yourself temporarily) in a deluge of rain showers; and the commitments to stop smoking, be nicer to people, work harder, love better, will all disappear in the grey winter light. It is just another month, after all.